We take the privacy of all customers and suppliers very seriously.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, so we suggest you re-review it from time to time.
How we collect your data
We collect personal information from you directly when you call us, contact us by email, or social media, or place an order or enquiry through our websites. By personal information we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, and payment information.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our Website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our websites and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our websites.
Any advertising featured on our websites may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
How we use your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, including processing orders, enquiries and warranty claims. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our websites, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you
- If you are a job applicant, we will only use your information to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing your beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
- If you are an employee of Baguette Catering Services & Restaurants, we will compile a file relating to your employment. This information will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to your employment.
How we store your information
Data that is provided to us is stored in cloud storage, on our secure servers and those of third party companies that manage our websites. We will confirm GDPR compliance with any data processor we use, prior to employing their services.
Details relating to any transactions entered into via our websites will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it, for example, for warranty purposes. We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
We use a Gmail for our email. We will confirm GDPR Compliance with any email provider we use, prior to employing their services. We use email communications when contacting our current customers, under the legal basis of legitimate interest and to process orders and warranty queries.
Communication and actions using social media are subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those social media platforms. Users are advised to use due care and caution in regard to privacy and personal details.
How we share your data
We may share your personal information with the following:
- Third parties, such as suppliers, manufacturers, service contractors, and delivery companies. To deal with orders, warranties and some customer enquiries, we have to share information with these third parties. We will only provide them with the information required to complete the order or enquiry.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- A potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- Any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for example if we share your information with service providers based or operating outside of the EEA. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Legal basis for processing your information
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Access to personal information
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com